Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Farewell

I can’t believe today is finally the day. The long string of Honda Accords in the family is finally over. I had to give up my 1994 Honda Accord we purchased from my folks. The ‘Green Machine’ has finally moved on to a better place. The prognosis from the doc all but sealed her fate. Everything was fine, but she needs a new CPU and they are $$$$$. Instead of putting her to rest, I found an old man who likes challenges and he has agreed to take her off my hands. We struck a gentlemen’s deal and now she is gone to me forever. He promised to take good care of her, do his best to get her healthy again, and treat her kind. Farewell ‘Green Machine’. You will be missed greatly. For those of you interested here is a clipping of the obituary:

1994 Green Honda Accord, age 14 originally of Memphis, Tennessee, passed away Tuesday, June 3, 2008. She is survived by son and daughter, Pathfinder and Acura (Memphis, TN) and two grandchildren in Jackson, TN, Camry and Mercedes.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Son, you've done me proud. You have shown that she has meant as much to you as she did to me. I'm happy to know that she will again rise and service someone else.